Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Beginnings


I obsess about my next culinary experience. Lunch, dinner, baking, breakfast, lunch . . . a continuous cycle. You would be hard-pressed to find an hour during the day where a thoughts of food did not run through my mind.


This blog will be my outlet. Lessons learned, advice, successes, failures, complete disasters. When it comes to my kitchen, you will see all. My goal is to share my passion. I want to learn from you, my reader, as I hope you learn from me.


Diving in, face first, I baked last night. Cake brownies: not to be confused with fudge brownies. I sought a lighter, fluffier brownie recipe. Only finding brownie recipes that melted butter and sugar together, I took the initiative to simply alter one such recipe. All ingredient amounts left the same, I deleted the melting, instead swiftly whipping the butter and sugar together. The additional air thus incorporated into the batter left me with a light, fluffy, sinful, cake brownie.


Final touch: top with orange buttercream. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment