Monday, February 14, 2011

Guinness Chocolate Cake with Bailey's Buttercream

I will keep this post short and sweet. Mainly because all I can do is think about this cake and how much I want to go into the fridge and finish it. I don't even like Guinness, but apparently I will fall in love with anything involving chocolate.
My husband was definitely a lucky man on Valentine's Day.

Guinness and sugar, patiently waiting to combine with melted butter and chocolate.













Little brown spots = whole wheat goodness














Egg whites - whip it good. Darkish color is due to an entire tablespoon of vanilla extract. Expensive, but worth every penny.

















After 40 long minutes, it finally emerges from the oven. I never thought I would have enough self control to actually not attempt to cut some out for "quality control."








Completed cake with Bailey's Buttercream (not the same icing recipe as you will find on the link). I was a little short on decorating time . . .
but definitely do NOT judge a book by it's cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment