Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stuffed Mushers

Okay, so maybe it's been a year and a half since the last post . . . but a lovely birthday card from a friend, who suggested I start blogging about my food adventures, inspired me to begin again. Thanks, Ameena!

As my husband creatively titled our meal last night, may I present to you stuffed mushers. To those of you who may be unable to translate Rusty language, we had stuffed portobello mushrooms with sun-dried tomato couscous. The meal was in honor of national stuffed mushroom day, which was Friday. . . I may have been a day late, but definitely was not a dollar short. The meal was amazing and will be printed out for permanent record. If a recipe I find online turns out well, only then do I deem it worthy of my printer ink and binder storage space.



I chose a recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com. It was the first time I ever used a recipe from this website. There was something unique in the manner the instructions were presented: instead of stating "Bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes," the baking time was presented as . . .
5. 10 minutes into the cooking of the mushrooms start cooking the orzo, after seven minutes steam or boil the sugarsnaps for two minutes. Drain orzo and mix with tomato sauce. Take mushrooms out of oven and serve it all up and enjoy!
I definitely am a fan of this instructional method! Even though I was substituting couscous for the orzo, presenting the instructions this way helped me organize my time in the kitchen so that everything finished at the exact time it was supposed to, serving the entire meal nice and warm. Props to BBC - I will definitely be looking to you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment